Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Rose is a Rose

On Saturday, I had a nice visit with Grandma Potts and her lovely husband, my Uncle Jim. I wrote up a post in my blog about it and then decided that it would certainly be appropriate for the new Potts blog, too. So, here ya go...

I went to visit my favorite aunt and uncle today. Their family has started a new blog, and I went out to give my auntie a quick blog posting lesson. They have the most beautiful yard you would ever want to see.
Wouldn't this delightful setting in their backyard be just perfect for enjoying a little iced tea...or even better, a hot fudge sundae!

Below you see my uncle, Jim, snipping a few buds from their rose garden.
Then he presents them to his lovely wife, my Aunt JoAnn.
They really are beautiful...both the people and the flowers!
Just perfect, natural, simple beauty. And, you do know where those perfect roses ended up, don't you?
Right on my porch, of course! A lovely reminder of a delightful visit.

3 comments:

Potts Chat said...

I got teary eyed reading that. Thanks for the post instruction, thanks for visiting Jim and JoAnn, thanks for appreciating their gardens, and thanks for smelling the roses!
Chris

Ruthie said...

Awwww Chris, it was my pleasure.

grandma potts said...

Ruthie: You flatter us.. (well, maybe the pix of me isn't actually flattering but...) Loved the pix of the roses and the yard and thanks for helping me!