Friday, July 11, 2008

hi :)

so I am working on putting together our class reunion slide show & yearbook, so anyone who has any neat tricks for me to you please email me! :) I know I put together a killer one for my brother & sister in law, but I am always up for new ideas!! Thanks much! love and hugs, melissa ps chris we are totally using our high school pictures for name tags - thanks to remember helping you at the store put those together for one of yours!

3 comments:

Potts Chat said...

We did a memory board for the alum that had died.
We played music that was popular during our senior year. Now a days you could create your class blog to communicate to others.
Get everyone's email addresses that night so you have an updated list.
We had a casual day picnic the next day and people could bring spouses and children if they wanted.
We met at a park and played volleyball and had a cookout. It was relaxing.
You could have it at ojibway.
By the way, the nametag thing was a huge conversation starter.
Chris

Melissa Lynn Potts Long said...

thanks! we are doing tailgating at ojibway on friday night with high school tours & in conjunction with the homecoming football game (family friendly)! our actual reunion event is at jimmy's on saturday night. melinda knudson is in charge of decorations & stuff... we are also going to have a table with photos of classmates lost (and jason had submitted his yearbook page already so we have that special piece)

my plan for the slideshow is to use music from our class years - and we are putting pictures that people submit of us all in high school - they are a riot!

and then we are doing a "yearbook" of what we are doing now 10 years later. we are doing everything via evite (less the 50 classmates who dont use email) by some miracle we got almost 100% of our classmates emails & contact info! and in the yearbook people can submit whatever and a family picture :) we got the idea from my mom's and deedee's aunts reunions.

its been really fun to connect with our former classmates! our deadline for submissions is july 15th so thats when i start putting together the yearbook & slide show - but i have til sept 27th so it should be enough time! (hopefully!) :) thanks for all the suggestions (grandma sent me an email) I am passing along a few to the committee... and any ideas for how to add pazaz to the slideshow let me know! love and hugs, m

grandma potts said...

Hi Mel: I am totally awed by the work you are doing for your reunion. Wow! I am sure your classmates will just love it all. The list you put on your blog of the missing classmates is longer than our list for our whole class.. but still.. no matter what the number.. it will be a lot of planning and work. In spite of that, it was all worth it and it was so satisfying when it all came to fruition. I had it all going well but the day I got there I dropped my car keys inside the car and locked the car! Whoops? AFter it was all over Grandpa had to come and bring another set to me! I felt so dumb.. but these things happen!There are things that you just can't plan ahead!! Have fun!Go with the flow. Love, grandma P