Monday, August 18, 2008

Florida update!

Hello family!! All my furniture is in, just got a few small items to put together yet. It was tough to say goodbye to all my helpers yesterday. I'm really glad Bre is here for a few more days, and that I am heading back to MN for some events in a month. The biggest opps so far was putting my storage in the back, where some crazy biting ants invaded all my plastic containers... luckily Erin had some great ideas & currently am helping them evacuate my boxes! My landlady is cute and is coming over to check why my stove/oven doesn't turn on! Bre & I are hitting the beach for a while this morning as the sun is out. I think my job interview went well, and have a few more options lined up yet this week.

Obviously, I've got the tv tuned to the hurricane fay updates, the latest estimated is a category 1 around 2 pm hitting Fort Myers. Hurricane watch is kinda like a tornado watch - we are in wait & see mode. Which for me means that I've made sure that I've got my hurricane preparations (water, food, flashlights, first aide kit, etc) ready. Also, I've got the information for the shelters & the website for what I am required, requested, etc to do. My landlady would have stayed at my place if I hadn't moved in yet because my duplex is so safe... brand new windows with hurricane proof panes, blocked from the wind, etc. SO just wanted you all to know that I am prepared & watching the updates, at 11 EDT is the next path change... there are these "spaghetti models" that show possibilities, but right now its just too hard to tell. I appreciate the concerns & thoughts, and I am as prepared as I can be.

Tis 1 hour ahead here so time to get ready :) Miss you & love you!

1 comment:

grandma potts said...

Melissa: We are watching TV and thinking of you and hoping that instead of Ms. FAY, the sunshine is at your door and you are loving every minute of it! thanks for the update! Get your camera ready!